My sisters and I decided to begin our sister-only annual vacations this year with a trip to Disney! We're not sure of the exact number of times we've gone to the House of the Mouse, but it's somewhere between 200 and a jillion. (Ok, maybe not a jillion, but mostly because that's not a real number.) Saying that we enjoy Disney would be an understatement. Each time we hit up our favorite rides and note what's changed. This time we also hunted for Hidden Mickeys, which are Mickey shapes the Imagineers worked into the scenery and decoration.
Our plan of action:
Sunday - MGM (I know they call it "Hollywood Studios" now, but it'll always be MGM to us!)
Monday - Magic Kingdom
Tuesday - Animal Kingdom
It happened to be a Star Wars Weekend at MGM - Stormtroopers patrolled the entrance.
After many years of waving my hand and jumping up and down like a lunatic, I finally got picked to be an extra in the Indiana Jones stunt show! (I'm in the crowd on the right.)
"Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper?"
This guy followed Amy around and freaked us out.
The drivers for the "Lights, Motors, Action!" show are extremely skilled.
"...and this elevator travels directly to - the Twilight Zone."
The photographers are more than happy to use your camera!
One of the coolest things we've ever seen at Disney: Characters getting on the ride with some very lucky kids! I'm so jealous!
Hidden Mickey! (Guess where!)
They were doing tons of updates, and I loved the signs with different quotes.
No trip is complete without Mickey Ears ice cream.
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!
Who rocks at Buzz Lightyear? Oh yeah, that'd be me.
One of the best ride photos ever... except for the next one:
Random people were taking pictures of our photo... they should use it in ads!
Beware the yeti!
"Scenic" view
How many Fastpasses do you have?
The Tumble Monkeys are the best part of the "Festival of the Lion King" show.
Do you see the coolest Hidden Mickey ever? (see next photo)
Yes, the yeti doll is wearing Mickey ears! Too funny!
Awesome pictures! I didn't know about the hidden Mickeys - very cool!
ReplyDeleteI want that picture of you 3 in front of the castle! I love how you dressed Kerri!!!!! These pictures bring back sooooo many memories of the 250+ times we've been to the Mouse House! Dad and I tried to figure it out one time..it's AT LEAST 250, but whose done? NOT ME!
ReplyDelete