72 Years Isn't Too Long to Wait

This post is a tad late, given the playoffs (and the win!) were weeks ago, but since Chicago is still celebrating being the current holders of the Stanley Cup, and it took them 72 years to win it for the second time, I think the tardiness of my post can be excused.

In the week or so prior to the final series of games, the Second City started to show its support in interesting places. The brontosaurus outside the Field Museum of Natural History wore a size XXXXXL jersey.






Daley Plaza got decked out as well.  "The Picasso" (so called since no one is really sure what it is) wore a helmet and the fountain was splashing red. I like the poster in someone's office window.


Apparently the first attempt at dying the fountain resulted in hot pink water... oops.


The lions guarding the Art Institute got awesome helmets.




An interesting one I found while waiting for the bus after a tennis lesson... even Tiffany supports the Blackhawks!



It was very cool to once again be living in the city who conquered the Stanley Cup.  (First time in Tampa - go Lightning!) Since it'd been so long since they first won the title, I think the Chicagoans will be celebrating for a while.




2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! The lion is definitely my favorite. Glad you're back and can't wait to hear about your vacation (and see the pictures)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! the whole city must have gone mad

    ReplyDelete