Jamming Under the Full Moon

Catching up on summer posts...

While taking a photography class, our instructor suggested we take a field trip one week to the Full Moon Fire Jam. Once I saw their website, I knew it was going to be an amazing experience!

During the warmer months (April-October), a group called Pyrotechniq gets together once a month on the evening of the full moon for an all-out jam. There are dozens of fire spinners and drummers provide a background beat. 

Turns out we weren't the only group of photographers who wanted to try to capture some fire throwing. There were tons of cameras there! Side note: My photos are not the best. It was a challenging setting (as expected), and I hope to go back again!

Practicing in the fueling area:


Once it got dark, the jam got going. The fire spinners took turns in the circle - about eight at a time. They spread out so everyone could get a view (and no one got burned).



This girl had an over-sized hula hoop - that was on fire! She twirled it around her hips, neck, arms...






This woman had some sort of candelabra-esque pieces she held in both hands.




The fire breathers are always a hit!


All the performers were so talented. They rarely dropped anything. If they did, there was another performer nearby to use a cloth to smother the flames.



Juggling with fire... not on my list of things to do (I'd definitely hurt myself!)


Definitely a fun experience and I'll be going back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment