Three of my college friends came up for a visit this summer. They could only take a weekend away from work, so we packed in as much as we could into two days. It was a blast!
Saturday morning, we did as most Chicagoans do on the weekends - brunch! Bongo Room was the restaurant of choice. It was my first time there as well, and it was delicious! Dangerous too, since it's a block away from my apartment! J and I shared Pretzel Pancakes. We were curious as to what they would taste like. A very interesting merge of pancake and pretzel, with a small amount of salt in the caramel syrup. Yum!
L had the Red Velvet Pancakes. Also tasty!
Our next stop just proves we're all engineers (or at least majored in it!) - the Museum of Science and Industry! It's so fun - and there are too many things to see in one afternoon! We checked out U-505, an actual U-boat. This shows you how big the museum is... this is just one wing!
The weather exhibit was pretty cool, especially getting to control a wind funnel!
That night we went to a comedy show at the iO Theater (The Daily Herald - hilarious), then had a late dinner at Pizzeria Due.
Sunday morning we headed up Sears Tower. Beautiful day! I pointed out some of my favorite views. The prison in the middle of downtown - see the triangle building?
Hancock Building and the lakefront.
The Chicago River (see the water taxi?).
Then we went out on the Ledges. At first they were nervous, but L, J and R did great!
I was a naughty tourist... we had our picture taken by the professional (use that term loosely) photographer in the Ledge, then I took a quick snap of the preview screen!
After Sears Tower, we hopped on the El and headed towards the Mag Mile to catch our boat tour.
We grabbed a quick lunch at the infamous Billy Goat Tavern.
No need to look at the menu - they tell you what you want. ("Double cheese the best!")
Time for the architecture cruise! It was one hot day. The free advertising fans came in handy!
I've been on multiple boat tours and ridden the water taxi, but this was the first time I noticed all the bridge gatehouses are unique. I smell a photo series coming on...
After disembarking, we headed to Millennium Park. No trip to Chicago is complete without seeing The Bean!
Can you spot us?
It was such a fun trip. Hope you guys can visit again!























Looks like you girls had a fun time! I love the photo of everyone using their fans as sun shields - great engineering minds think alike, right?
ReplyDeleteVery fun! I looked over and saw all their fans in a row and had to snap a photo - too funny. :)
ReplyDelete