While A was on his urology sub-internship, he requested I bake a treat for him to take and share during rounds. I hadn't baked in a while, so it was nice to have an excuse!
I saw a picture of a version of these on the ever-faithful internet. Way too cute to pass up, especially since it was in the middle of July. Prime summer time.
I also had some left over to take to work and share with my teammates. The initial response was, "What is that?" accompanied by a perplexed stare. I'm glad people thought they looked like actual hamburgers!
Yes, they are hamburger cupcakes. Or more precisely: Cupcake + icing + brownie + icing + cupcake. Quite the combo.
One of my friends at work has dubbed them "Happy After Meals". I have to agree.
If you want to try these yourself, they're not too complicated:
1. Bake a batch of vanilla cupcakes. (I made minis.)
2. Bake a batch of brownies. (I did them in the mini cupcake pan, but I'd suggest baking in a cake pan and cutting the circles yourself. Unless you're a fan of the edge on brownies - then use the cupcake pan.)
3. Cut the cupcakes in half.
4. Cut the brownies into patties to fit on the cupcakes.
5. Assemble by putting a layer of frosting on the bottom half of the cupcake, adding a patty, adding more frosting, then putting on the top half of the cupcake.
I've seen a version where the cook dyed coconut strips green for lettuce... totally cute, but as I'm not that into coconut, I skipped that step.
A fun dessert for summer - or any time!



No comments:
Post a Comment