The Time K Drooled Over Wheels

For the wonderful fake holiday encouraged by florists and Hallmark, we joined hundreds of other couples and went to the Chicago Auto Show.  A conversation held with one of the display coordinators:

Him: You brought your husband for Valentine's Day, how nice.
A: Well, not really... she's the one who wanted to come.
Him: Oh, really?  (in a disbelieving tone)
Me:  Yeah, really!  Can I sit in that Lamborghini over there?
Him: (to A) You really lucked out!  Your wife wanted to come to the Auto Show!

We saw antique cars, sports cars, hybrid cars, concept cars and military cars.




 


Bumblebee!




Lexus LFA



So hard to resist.

Jeep concept car

Would you like a grill in your car?  How about a grill that happens to also drive?

Kia concept car

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

You could watch a show in the Taurus


Electric/Solar-powered sports cars


Army helicopter flight simulator

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! The "please resist the urge to sit in the car" signs are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing I haven't made it to the Tampa show in a few years.

    Because I would do dirty dirty things to an Aston Martin DB9. Or a Ferrari 458 (or an F430 Scuderia). Or a Jaguar XK. Or a Nissan GTR. Or an Audi R8 V10. (Can you tell I have a thing for curvy hyper-fast cars?)

    Basically, they would have to escort me from the building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely hard not to just climb in behind the wheel...

    Jessi, you're too funny.

    ReplyDelete