From the Saute Pan: Pumpkin Dog Treats

For the holidays I baked a few batches of cookies for A and I (and the office, the hospital... not just for us!), and felt Orion was left out.  Really I just wanted to see if she'd like something natural and homemade (versus Beggin Strips or cheese).

Dish: Pumpkin Dog Treats
Eaten With: Water, Beggin' Strips randomly when practicing tricks
Main Ingredients: Flour, eggs, canned pumpkin, peanut butter

1. Whisk together 2.5 cups of whole wheat flour, 2 eggs, 1 small can of pumpkin, and 2 tablespoons peanut butter.
2. Roll dough to a 1/2-inch thickness.
3. Cut into pieces.  I did small snowflakes (to be festive), and 1/2 inch squares.





4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes (or until hard).


5. See if your dog likes them!


Orion approved!  (Warning: This makes a TON of treats.  I'll halve it next time!)

3 comments:

  1. The treats look like they could also be good human food (except for the lack of sweetener)... did you try one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't actually tried one. I should, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky puppy! I would so steal one from Orion

    ReplyDelete